Routine Information Collection
All web servers track basic information about their visitors. This information includes, but is not limited to, IP addresses, browser details, timestamps and referring pages. None of this information can personally identify specific visitors to this site. The information is tracked for routine administration and maintenance purposes, and lets us know what pages and information are useful and helpful to visitors.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Controlling Your Privacy
Note that you can change your browser settings to disable cookies if you have privacy concerns. Disabling cookies is not recommended as it may interfere with your use of the site. Consult your browser documentation for instructions on how to block cookies and other tracking mechanisms.
We use web forms (such as on the Contact Us page) to gather, store and use personal information that you choose to supply to us. Before you send us personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent. We use such information to answer your queries and to provide information about your membership of the club. The transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
We may disclose your information to any of the Officers of our club and to our suppliers for the purpose of club administration and activities. We may disclose your information to the extent that we are required to by law, legal proceedings or for the purpose of fraud prevention.
The club does not have to register under the UK Data Protection Act, as we are an organisation that does not make a profit to enrich others. Nevertheless, we conform to the requirements of the Act:
· We only process information necessary to establish or maintain membership or support, or to provide or administer activities for people who are members of the club or have regular contact with it.
· We only share the information with people and organisations necessary to carry out the club’s activities.
· We only keep the information while the individual is a member or supporter or as long as necessary for member/supporter administration.
· We ensure information is relevant and up to date.
· We keep information secure.
· We allow the subject of the information to see it on request.
Special Note About Google Sites
Our website is hosted by Google and uses the Google Sites platform. Information we collect may be transferred and stored in countries that do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the European Economic Area.
We do not use third party advertising services (such as Adsense) on our websites.
Any tracking done by Google through cookies and other mechanisms is subject to Google's own privacy policies.
Third party websites
Our website includes links to third party websites and we have no control over their privacy policies.